Super73 electric bikes are the most accessible fun on two wheels and they make you look super cool.
Super73 ZG and SG1 are high performance, long range-electric motorbikes. With no license or registration needed, these bikes have an average battery range of 30-70km for the charge.
Ride comfortably at 25kph and safely with our 20″x4″ fat tires.
Complete with a powerful retro headlight, rear brake light and a sturdy cargo rack, it’s a perfect and unique commuter vehicle or weekend cruiser. Pack your gym bag, box of tools, and you’re set from morning to night.
These bikes come equipped with a comfortable motorbike bike seat, a heavy duty kick stand, removable battery for easy charging, and off-road tires for super traction.
The Super73 is a unique, life-changing and practical gift for anyone. The adventure is yours on a Super73!
Super73 ZG and SG1 comparisons
|Top speed of motor
(limited by Australian law)
(depends on rider weight, street incline, terrain, wind, etc)
(limited by Australian law)
|250 watt rear hub motor||250 watt rear hub motor. Can be derestricted to 500 watt for private property.|
(Panasonic cells), 2A
48V 14.5 Ah (696 watt/hour)
Removable battery, with key
|Battery charge time||6-7 hours||4-5 hours|
|Weight||29.5 kg||32 kg|
|Brakes||Tektro mechanical alloy disc brakes||Tektro hydraulic alloy disc brakes|
|Electric Assist||3 levels||3 levels|
|Pedal Assist Sensor||Cadence sensor||Torque sensor|
|Packaging||38 kg (185cm x 81cm x 32cm)||43 kg (185cm x 81cm x 32cm)|
|Colours||Black, Blue, Orange, White, Pink||Black, Army Green, White & Tan|
|Weight Capacity||125 kg||125 kg|
|Frame Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Pedal Material||Plastic||Full alloy pedals set|
|Tyres||Slick 20″ x 4″||Knobby (all-terrain) 20″ x 4″|
|Lights||No lights||Headlight and active brake light|
Extra details of both bikes:
- No throttle (as per by Australian law), but throttle can be added as an accessory, for private property use only on the SG1.
- The ZG cannot accept a throttle.
Details on Super73 electric bikes:
All Super73 bikes for Europe and Australia are tested and certified by an accredited and globally known third party laboratory.
Certication: EN 15194:2009+A1:2011
Type: pedelec / electrically power assisted cycles
Definition: Pedal cycles with pedal assistance are cycles equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of less than or equal to 250 W, where the output of the motor is cut off when the cyclist stops pedaling and is otherwise progressively reduced and finally cut off before the vehicle speed reaches 25 km/h.
Certification includes compliance with:
– General Product Safety Directive 2001/95/EC
– RoHS Directive 2011/65/EC
– Directive 2006/42/EC on Machinery with complete technical file of product
– EC declaration of conformity
– CE marking visibly axed on pedelec, indelibly, right near manufacturer name or rep
– Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2014/30
– Low voltage Directive
– Battery Directive 2006/66/EC
– Throttle is NOT included on EN 15194 compliant bikes.
– Customers are not able to modify the speed of bikes on their own.
– Adding a throttle would negate the street legality of product and restrict them to private property use.
Why are Super73's sold in Australia priced differently to Super73's sold in the USA?
- Australia has a different set of ebike rules, certifications, market standards and regulations which we have to uphold, so the Super73 bikes in sold Australia are customised and independently tested for our specific needs.
- In the United States, advertised prices don’t include local state taxes, which range from 0% to 13.3% (such as in California). Those state taxes are added to the shopping cart. In Australia, the GST is already included in the price displayed on the product page.
- There are different import fees and additional customs charges incurred on ebikes coming into Australia. Super73 choose to manufacture bikes with very high build quality and this incurs an extra customs charges. Our preference is to pay more to get a high build quality, with quality components.